Earlier this year I started a new series of articles with Hamish over at 35mmc. I say “with” but in reality, he posted the idea with a call for submissions on Twitter and I strong armed my way into the whole thing in the spirit of collaboration.
Hamish didn’t seem to mind and there are (at the time of writing), nearly 70 5 Frames With articles in the wild. While 35mmc‘s articles focus more on the camera and lenses used, EMULSIVE focuses more on the film, exposure and process.
It’s been a fun series to do, so here’s my top ten list of 5 Frames With articles posted on EMULSIVE this year…
10. 5 Frames With… #28: ILFORD Delta 3200 Professional
(EI 3200 / 120 / 6×6 / Mamiya 645 1000S)
by Aivaras Sidla
9. 5 Frames With… #52: Kosmo Foto Mono 100
(EI 100 / 35mm)
by Phil Harrison
8. 5 Frames With… #55: Fuji INSTAX Wide Monochrome
(EI 800 / INSTAX Wide / Mamiya Universal)
by Raymond van Mil
7. 5 Frames With… #27: Kodak Ektar 100
(EI 100 / 120 / 6×7 / Mamiya 7ii)
by Jascha Oakes
6. 5 Frames With… #47: Rollei Infrared 400
(EI 12 / 120 / 6×6 / Bronica SQ)
by Björn Berings
5. 5 Frames with… #11: Kodak Portra 160
(EI 80 / 120 / 6×7 / Mamiya RB67)
by Holger Feroudj
4. This content has been removed at the author’s request
3. 5 Frames With… #35: ILFORD HP5 PLUS
(EI 400 / 120 / 6×6 / Mamiya 6)
by Robert Versteegen
2. 5 Frames with … #15: FERRANIA P30 ALPHA
(EI 80 / 35mm / Olympus OM-1)
by Toni Skokovic
1. 5 Frames With… #02: Kodak Portra 400
(EI 400 / 6×6 / 120 format / Hasselblad 2000)
With that, the penultimate countdown of 2017 is done.
Write for EMULSIVE
EMULSIVE is all about knowledge transfer and developing more of it across the film photography community.
Help by contributing your thoughts, work and ideas to inspire others reading these pages: read this quick submission guide.
Lend your support
If you like what you’re reading you can help support EMULSIVE by heading on over to the EMULSIVE Patreon page and adding financial support from as little as $2 a month. As if that’s not enough, there’s also an EMULSIVE print and apparel store over at Society 6, currently showcasing over two dozen t-shirt designs and over a dozen unique photographs available for purchase.