Earlier this year I started a new series of articles with Hamish over at 35mmc. I say “with” but in reality, he posted the idea with a call for submissions on Twitter and I strong armed my way into the whole thing in the spirit of collaboration.
Hamish didn’t seem to mind and there are (at the time of writing), nearly 70 5 Frames With articles in the wild. While 35mmc‘s articles focus more on the camera and lenses used, EMULSIVE focuses more on the film, exposure and process.
It’s been a fun series to do, so here’s my top ten list of 5 Frames With articles posted on EMULSIVE this year…
10. 5 Frames With… #28: ILFORD Delta 3200 Professional
(EI 3200 / 120 / 6×6 / Mamiya 645 1000S)
by Aivaras Sidla
9. 5 Frames With… #52: Kosmo Foto Mono 100
(EI 100 / 35mm)
by Phil Harrison
8. 5 Frames With… #55: Fuji INSTAX Wide Monochrome
(EI 800 / INSTAX Wide / Mamiya Universal)
by Raymond van Mil
7. 5 Frames With… #27: Kodak Ektar 100
(EI 100 / 120 / 6×7 / Mamiya 7ii)
by Jascha Oakes
6. 5 Frames With… #47: Rollei Infrared 400
(EI 12 / 120 / 6×6 / Bronica SQ)
by Björn Berings
5. 5 Frames with… #11: Kodak Portra 160
(EI 80 / 120 / 6×7 / Mamiya RB67)
by Holger Feroudj
4. This content has been removed at the author’s request
3. 5 Frames With… #35: ILFORD HP5 PLUS
(EI 400 / 120 / 6×6 / Mamiya 6)
by Robert Versteegen
2. 5 Frames with … #15: FERRANIA P30 ALPHA
(EI 80 / 35mm / Olympus OM-1)
by Toni Skokovic
1. 5 Frames With… #02: Kodak Portra 400
(EI 400 / 6×6 / 120 format / Hasselblad 2000)
Share your knowledge, story or project
At the heart of EMULSIVE is the concept of helping promote the transfer of knowledge across the film photography community. You can support this goal by contributing your thoughts, work, experiences and ideas to inspire the hundreds of thousands of people who read these pages each month. Check out the submission guide here.
If you like what you're reading you can also help this personal passion project by heading on over to the EMULSIVE Patreon page and giving as little as a dollar a month. There's also print and apparel over at Society 6, currently showcasing over two dozen t-shirt designs and over a dozen unique photographs available for purchase.