Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to your 2 week warning!
If you’re reading this on November 17th 2016 then there are exactly two weeks left for you to register for EMULSIVE Secret Santa 2016. For the attentive amongst you, you’ll have noticed a huge surge in the number of players now registered for Secret Santa 2016. At the time of writing we now have 258 film photography lovers in 35 countries playing along.
It’s an amazing feat made possible only because of your efforts in getting the word out. Thank you all so much.
You may recall that last week’s update announced the sponsors for Secret Santa 2016: Billingham, Expired Film Day, Ilford Photo, Kodak Alaris and Lomography NYC. Well, I’m pleased to announced two more today, bringing the total to seven!
The new sponsors for Secret Santa 2016 are (in alphabetical order):
Beau Photo Supplies
Thanks to Matthew Thompson’s nudge, I have the pleasure of welcoming Vancouver’s Beau Photo Supplies as sponsors of this year’s Secret Santa – thanks guys and girls! Beau will be providing three baby fisheye cameras to three lucky recipients.
~ Beau Photo Supplies website: beauphoto.com
Eastman Kodak Company
That’s right, Kodak has joined the game! So, does this mean that we’ll be seeing Kodak Motion on board next week to complete the triumvirate? I’ve not asked but only time will tell.
Having both Eastman Kodak and Kodak Alaris on board doesn’t necessarily mean that there will be double the film on offer, though…well kind of. I’m going to remain tight-lipped about the goody bags Kodak are putting together but let me say this: the contents will be helpful for the cold weather and possibly allow you to make sure you carry more film with you when you’re out and about…possibly. Either way, three lucky recipients will be in store for a real treat!
~ Eastman Kodak website: kodak.com
There’s a lot going on, so let me recap this year’s sponsors and the gift pool. One again, in alphabetical order the sponsors for Secret Santa 2016 are:
Beau Photo Supplies: beauphoto.com
Eastman Kodak Company: kodak.com
Expired Film Day: expiredfilmday.com
Kodak Alaris: kodakalaris.com
You might be interested in...
Lomography NYC: lomography.com
And here’s a breakdown of the gifts. First of all, whoever matches with EMULSIVE will receive a BUMPER collection of gifts:
- A gift from EMULSIVE.
- A gift from Billingham.
- A mystery goody bag from Eastman Kodak Company.
- A camera / film pack from Expired Film Day.
- An Obscura camera, 120 and 35mm film, a negative loupe and badge from ILFORD.
- A Kodak Professional Film sampler pack from Kodak Alaris.
- A camera and film sampler from Lomograhpy NYC.
- …and maybe some biscuits
In addition there are a total of ten sponsor gifts, which will be sent randomly to participants lucky enough to match with Eastman Kodak, Expired Film Day, ILFORD, Kodak Alaris and Lomography NYC:
- 2x Mystery goody bags from Eastman Kodak Company.
- 2x Camera / film packs from Expired Film Day.
- 2x Obscura camera, 120 and 35mm film, a negative loupe and badge from ILFORD.
- 2x Kodak Professional Film sampler pack from Kodak Alaris.
- 2x camera and film sampler goody bags from Lomograhpy NYC.
- …and probably no biscuits but we’re working on it.
Finally, there are STILL persistent rumors of a super-secret-not-so-secret gift coming from an as yet unnamed member of the community. You’ll have to figure out for yourself on Twitter who and what that may be!
As per the previous update, we’ll making the draw on Thursday December 1st, or possibly a few days later. So please nudge, nudge, nudge away until then.
Once the draw takes place, you’ll be notified by email. We’ll also be posting on Twitter and Facebook to remind you, just in case it gets filtered to your Junk folder.
Remember that this is anonymous, so you won’t know who is giving you a gift. You will be able to send anonymous messages to your match once the draw takes place and we’d suggest you use the opportunity to find out a little about what they can and cannot use before sending your gift.
You’ll be able to request clarification of address details from your match, so you can make sure your gift goes to the right place. Remember, the faster you send out your gift, the better chance your match has of getting it before Christmas Day – which is the point after all.
We want to make sure that everyone is protected, so we’re asking you all to make sure you get a proof of postage and to make sure you take a photo of it for your records – we can’t stress this enough.
If you have ANY issues at all, please let us know using the contact page, or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Sign up now!
In case you’re not already signed up to play, here’s some background for you.
The premise of the EMULSIVE Secret Santa is simple; commit to sending a fellow lover of film photography a gift – with a value of at least US$10 – be it film, a cereal box camera, or perhaps something much bigger. You can read more here.
Registration is open until Monday November 30th 2015 and the draw will be made on or around Thursday December 1st 2016. Once the draw is made, you’ll be matched up with someone and you’ll be tasked with sending a gift to them. Remember that they might be in a different country to you.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting involved:
- Sign-up for the EMULSIVE Secret Santa 2016 using Elfster, our chosen service provider.
- Add your real name, your preferred internet handle, or something else.
- Add some details about yourself, a picture (if you want), and details of what you want from your Secret Santa.
- Wait until the draw and then jump into action and send your gift.
- Receive and share your gift on Twitter with @EMULSIVEsanta!
- Really, it’s that simple. Sign up, add some info, wait, send, receive!
Things to remember
- Confirm anything you need with your match using Elfster’s messaging system and get your package ready for shipping by December 9th 2016 at the very latest..
- Remember to package responsibly and in the same manner you’d hope to receive something yourself.
- GET PROOF OF POSTAGE. This little idea is reliant on trust. Everyone is taking everyone else for their word.
- If you don’t intend to send a gift, don’t take one from someone else. We cannot stress this enough.
Still have a few questions? Not to worry, leave them in the comments below and we’ll do our best to help you out.